Posted: 23 February, 2015
by Web Guy Brett
Here's A Nutella Whipped Cream Recipe That You'll Want To Make Over And Over Again
What's not to like about any food where Nutella is involved?!
These crepes with Nutella whipped cream have sure 'whipped' up a frenzy in the office, and they're so easy to make.
And what's even better is that you could use the Nutella cream on a fruit salad, try it out on a pavlova or just eat it on its own (we won't judge).
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup water
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup cold milk
- 2 cups Dairy Whip whipped topping (in the cream section at Woolie or Coles), or sweet whipped cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup Nutella
- 1 ½ cups sliced strawberries
- Chocolate sauce for drizzling or powdered sugar, optional
- For the crepes, combine ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. Batter should be a little runny. If it is too thick add more milk 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add a scant about of butter. Pour ¼ cup of batter into the center of the pan and swirl the pan to coat. Cook crepes until golden, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook the second side until golden brown. Remove to a paper towel. Add butter to pan and repeat until all the batter has been used. Keep paper towels between crepe layers to drain and prevent sticking.
- For the whipped cream:
- Refrigerate your beaters and your mixing bowl. When ready to use, add cold milk, Dairy Whip or sweetened whipped cream, and vanilla. Whisk on high until stiff peaks begin to form. Continue to beat another 2-3 minutes until whipped topping is fluffy. Remove and gently fold in Nutella until it is fully incorporated.
- Add a dollop of whipped topping down the center of each crepe, top with sliced strawberries.
- Makes 8 crepes
Original recipe appears on lemonsforlulu.com.