Posted: 22 July, 2014
PHOODIE’s Nutella Hot Chocolate With Fudge-Dipped TimTam-Crusted Marshmallows
Our friends at PHOODIE have provided us with some amazing recipes like the Golden Gaytime Ice Cream Cake and the 1000 Layer Crepe Cake With Ferrero Crumbs and Espresso Cream. Now they’ve come up with the best hot chocolate EVER to keep you warm on these cold winter nights!
For the marshmallows:
6 Marshmallows (big)
1/3 cup Dark Chocolate chips
2 tablespoons Thickened Cream
2 Tim Tams, crushed
For the hot chocolate:
2 cups full cream milk
2 tablespoons thickened cream
2 tablespoons Nutella
Cocoa for dusting
To make the marshmallows:
1) Place the chocolate and the cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on medium for about 20 – 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir until contents are completely combined.
2) Dip one end of the marshmallow into the hot fudge and then dip the same end into the crushed TimTams. Place on a baking paper lined tray. Once all marshmallows are done, leave on the tray to set.
To make the hot chocolate:
1) Place the milk, cream and Nutella into a small saucepan. Stir over a low to medium heat for about 5 minutes or until all ingredients are well combined.
2) Pour hot chocolate into two cups.
3) Serve each with 3 marshmallows.
N.B Once marshmallows are dropped into the hot chocolate they will float fudge side down. The fudge and TimTam bits will melt into the drink alongside the marshmallows.
4) It is now that you should dust the top of the drink with cocoa!
This blog originally appeared on PHOODIE, and can be found here. It has been republished with permission. Also follow PHOODIE on Facebook for more amazing and tasty treats!