Posted: 26 March, 2013
Woman Sets Fire To Snake, Snake Burns Her House Down
A woman from Bowie County in Texas found an unusual way to burn her house down.
Whilst doing some weeding out the back of her property she came across a snake in the bush. Frightened for her life, as I’m sure you or I would be, she decided to act.
Now most people tend to tackle a snake with a spade or call the ranger, the latter being most preferable. Not this little lady; she was straight in to the shed, grabbed some petrol, doused the snake and set it alight. No doubt she was expecting it to curl up in a ball and burn to death. Now if you’ve ever been set on fire the last thing on your mind is to curl up and burn to death, generally one runs around like a mad man screaming whilst on fire. And that’s exactly what the snake did. It thundered around her back yard setting fire to everything in it’s path including the house.
Deputy Randall Baggett from the County Sheriff’s office tells it like this: “While cleaning up, she saw a snake, threw gasoline on the snake, lit the snake on fire. The snake went into the brush pile, and the brush pile caught the home on fire.”
Unfortunately the battling fire-fighters couldn’t save the woman’s home.
The moral of this story? Don’t set fire to animals they’ll probably burn your house down. Remember that!