Posted: 14 October, 2014
by Web Guy Josh
‘Cheating With Your Ex’ Is The New Trend
Australian Survey Reveals Worrying New Cheating Statistics
New research by AshleyMadison.com has highlighted a growing trend in Australian infidelity – sex with your ex!
The married dating site, whose slogan is Life is short. Have an affair, questioned 3,500 of its married male and female members to better understand trends in infidelity and whether members ever ‘back-slid’ into old relationships.
The results of the study are a little unsettling, to say the least - here’s what they found out:
- 72.3% of married members claim they’d contacted a former flame in the past in the hope of a hook-up
- Despite the majority of members having considered sleeping with an ex, only 36.1% have actually 'sealed the deal'
- 37.2% of cheaters admitted tracking down their former flame on Facebook
- 26.1% reconnected at a school reunion and a staggering 44.8% of those members confessed to hooking up with an old high school sweetheart
- 54.3% of two-timing members risked their racy rendezvous being exposed to their spouse by a jealous ex
AshleyMadison.com founder and CEO, Noel Biderman, says: “When expectations are not being met at home it’s easy to start fantasising about having sex with someone else. Rekindling an old relationship is easy, familiar, and doesn’t always feel like cheating.”
“However, this ‘just-sex-affair’ can eventually become complicated by emotions, issues and hopes - and maybe even threats to out the tryst from a disappointed ex hoping for more,” he added.
So how does this research make you feel? Let us know on Facebook.
Is meeting people online still safe?
Australia’s Top 10 sexiest men’s names of 2014 have been released and the results are a little surprising…
We recently revealed the top 10 sexiest men’s names in Australia and now the 10 women’s names that get us hot under the collar have been released…