What you know and think about your partner says a lot about your relationship. We've assembled a list of questions to ask yourself about your relationship with your loved one!
1. Can you name your partner’s best friend and identify a positive quality that the person has?
2. Are you and your partner playful with each other?
3. Do you think your partner has good ideas?
4. Would you like to become more like your partner, at least in some ways?
5. Even when you disagree, can you acknowledge your partner makes good points?
6. Do you think about each other, even when you're not physically together?
7. Do you see your partner as trustworthy?
8. In relationship-relevant areas such as warmth and attractiveness, do you view your partner a little bit more positively than they view themselves or than most other people view them?
9. Do you enjoy the ways your partner has changed and grown since you first met?
10. Is your partner enthusiastic when something goes right for you?
11. When you reunite at the end of the day, do you say something positive before you say something negative?
12. Do you reminisce about positive experiences you've had together in the past?
13. Can you name one of your partner’s favorite books?
14. Do you know your partner’s dreams and aspirations?
15. Can you recall something you did together that was new and challenging for both of you?
16. Do you kiss every day?
17. Are you comfortable telling your partner about things that make you feel vulnerable?
18. Do have your own “love language” for example: pet names?
19. Do you know your partner's most embarassing childhood memory?
20. Do you know your partner's proudest childhood memory?
21. Do you refrain from expressing anger and frustration for your partner by rolling your eyes, swearing at them, or calling them crazy?
22. Can you list some positive personality qualities your partner inherited from their parents?
23. If you have children together, can you list some positive personality qualities your partner has passed on to your children?
24. Do you enjoy supporting your partner’s exploration of personal goals and dreams, even when this involves you staying home?
25. Do you feel secure in your relationship?
26. Do you feel like your partner cares about your opinions and feelings when you argue?
27. Does your partner share thoughts and feelings with you?
28. Do you frequently express appreciation for each other?
29. Do you frequently express admiration for each other?
30. Do you feel a sense of being teammates with your partner?
31. Do you know your partner’s favorite song?
32. Do you have a sense that your individual strengths complement each other?
33. When you say goodbye in the morning, is it mindful and affectionate?
34. When you've told your partner about traumatic experiences, have they reacted kindly?
35. Do you talk about topics that are important with your partner, even if you aren't interested or they make you feel uncomfortable?
36. Do you respect your partner's relationships with friends and family?
37. Do you have fun together?
38. Do you see your partner's flaws and weaknesses in specific rather than general ways. For example: You're mad that they don't do the dishes, but you don't see them as useless.
39. Will you take your partner's advice and suggestions?
40. Are you physically affectionate?
41. Do you enjoy spending time together?
42. Do you feel a zing when you think about how they first met?
43. Can you name your partner's favourite relative?
44. Can you name your partner's most beloved childhood pet?
45. Can you list things which make your partner happy?
46. Do you turn to your partner for comfort?
47. Does your partner give you undivided attention when you have something important to say?
48. Do you like exploring your partner's body?
49. Can you name your partner's favourite food?
50. If you could only take one person to a deserted island, would you take your partner?
Did you answer yes to all of these? Congratulations! You're probably in a very slim minority. If you didn't, that's okay too... no relationship is perfect. A "no" is simply a sign that you've got something to think about!