Posted: 7 March, 2015
by Web Guy Conor
5 Things To Avoid On A First Date
Turn awkward into awesome!
There’s nothing worse than an awkward first date… Here’s where you could be going wrong!
A TV series in the UK has been following couples on their first dates. After seeing where so many people go wrong, here are the top 5 things not to do when you’re on a first date.
1. Never seem too keen: When you’re meeting someone for the first time, it’s good not to reveal all your cards at once. You don’t want to be left with nothing left to say after 10 minutes before the food has even got to your table.
2. Don’t tuck your shirt into your jeans: This one’s for the guys and kind of obvious we thought… Why would you tuck a shirt into jeans, it looks super awkward and that’s certainly not the sort of vibe you want to bring to the table on a first date.
3. No white socks: Who even owns white socks? Okay we guess with white shoes it’s fine, but if you’re wearing dark shoes and jeans do the world a favour and get a pair of black socks.
4. Don’t stink: Surely this is obvious. But we get it, we’re all prone to sweating more than usual when we’re nervous. Just make sure you’ve showered and applied enough deodorant and cologne/perfume (not too much!) so you’re smelling good.
5. Don’t bring anything but your A game: Confidence is attractive so use it to your advantage.
Do you have any other first date tips? Let us know on our Facebook page!
How many of these guys have you dated?
Hilarious, weird and oh so awkward.