In the space of 24 hours I have seen the movie “Gone Girl” twice already!
Why?? Because it is THAT GOOD! It’s dark, it’s plot has so many twist and turns and it will really play with your mind. Trippy!
Seriously, you will walk out of the cinema thinking WTF?!?!
However, there are some rules you must abide by to make this viewing experience just that little bit better…
1. Read the book first! Yes, it will mean you’ll already know the plot twist, but sheesh, it still leaves you on the edge of your seat.
2. Make sure you go with someone who has also read the book. During my first viewing I went with someone who hadn’t and they seemed slightly miffed by it all. The second time I went to see the movie, it was with someone who had read the book and we spent the whole time giving each other knowing looks. Then had the most EPIC convo after watching it, recalling what bits they missed out, which bits were not how you pictured it and discussing the casting. Great… just great!
3. Buy a small drink NOT a large drink. The movie is looooooong so don’t be slurping down a drink and needing to go to the bathroom halfway through. Seriously, you don’t want to miss a second of it!
4. Go in with no expectations, or a pre-judged idea on the casting. I will admit that when I heard that Ben Affleck had been cast as the lead character Nick Dunne I was like “Heck no!” but he is REALLY good in the part, and Rosmund Pike… don’t even get me started!
5. Wondering how to get the boyfff to come with you? Simple! Tell him you get to see Emily Ratajkowski’s boobs and he’ll be there with bells on.
So in summary, I give this movie a 10/10. Go see it!!
** Side note.. special thanks to Hoyts for the preview screening (oh and choc top and popcorn!) Happy days!
PS this magazine cover is trippy awesomeness!
This article first appeared on High Heels & Hangovers, and is republished with permission.