Posted: 10 September, 2014
by Dan Hill
Apple Release 2 Brand New iPhones!
Introducing the iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus!
It’s ok everyone! Calm down! Apple have new iPhones!
The event took place at Flint Center in Cupertino, California and the announcement did not disappoint.
CEO Tim Cook took to the stage to deliver the great news to Apple Fans all over the world.
In his opening speech he said -
“These iPhones obviously have bigger displays, but more importantly, they’re amazing products in every single way.”
Here’s The Deal:
- 2 Brand New iPhones in two sizes - 4.7 inch and a larger 5.5 inch.
- It’s up to 50% faster than the original iPhone.
- They’re the thinnest iPhones ever made.
- Three storage sizes - 16GB, 64GB and 128GB.
- The newly designed camera will give you better quality photos, and even better video.
- The iPhone 6 Plus will play games in higher resolution than next generation consoles.
- The keyboard has been redesigned. It learns your conversation style and helps you answer accordingly.
- Apple Pay lets you tap to pay with your shiny new iPhone in selected stores (tipped to be available here by the end of the year).
- The new iPhones allow you to make regular phone calls over Wi-Fi.
Outright pricing isn’t pretty. $869 for the smaller version, and $999 for the larger iPhone 6 Plus, but most carriers will be offering it discounted on a 2 year contract. The phone will be available to buy on the 19th of September, but will available to pre-order on the 12th of September.
Tech site 'The Verge' got hands on with the phone everyone wants to buy!
See It Here:
More From Apple
Sure there's a billion pixels in the display, and some super awesome cool processor does processor type things, but how will the new iPhone models help you in your day to day life? We explore!
If two iPhones weren’t enough, Apple have ventured into wearable technology by unveiling the Apple Watch.