Posted: 21 September, 2016
Sydney’s Most Accident-Prone Areas Have Been Revealed
Are these roads on your commute?
The worst spots for road accidents in Sydney have been revealed thanks to new data from AAMI’s Crash Index.
Sydney’s Top 10 Accident Hot Spots
- Hume Highway, Liverpool = 190 accidents
- M4 Motorway, Parramatta = 183 accidents
- Pennant Hills Road, Pennant Hills = 172 accidents
- M4 Motorway, Silverwater = 161 accidents
- Pacific Highway, Chatswood = 152 accidents
- Epping Rd, North Ryde = 140 accidents
- Victoria Rd, West Ryde = 132 accidents
- Princes Highway, Rockdale = 128 accidents
- King Georges Rd, Beverly Hills = 124 accidents
- Victoria Rd, Ryde = 118 accidents
The data comes from an analysis of accident insurance claims between August 2015 and August 2016.
“We strongly encourage all drivers to be mindful of safe driving behaviours when travelling on our roads, especially when they find themselves in one of these accident-prone areas,” AAMI spokesperson Jake Krausmann said.
“Drivers should always ensure they leave enough room between them and the car in front, avoid distractive activities like mobile phone usage, and keep to the speed limit.”
The top five contributing factors in accidents were found to be other drivers (31%), carelessness (27%), momentary loss of concentration (19%), bad weather (10%) and traffic congestion (9%).
Truck Refuses To Let Car Merge In Sydney Tunnel
If you use your smartphone when on the commute, we may have some bad news.
The tunnel connecting Wynyard train station to the Barangaroo precinct is officially open!
The suburbs with the fastest internet speed in Australia have been revealed.